FlatCon expects its guests to follow two general rules of etiquette:
More simply, the following constitute grounds for expulsion from the convention without refund:
- Violating any federal, state, or local laws, facility rules or convention policies
- Failure to comply with the instructions of FlatCon staff or security personnel
- Using anything in a threatening or destructive manner against person or property
- Endangering the safety of oneself or others
- Threatening, stealing, cheating or harassing others
- Failure to conduct oneself in a mature manner
If you experience or witness any of the above, please contact FlatCon staff to report the incident.
Harassment Policy Harassment of any kind WILL NOT BE TOLERATED. This includes but is not limited to sexual, sexual orientation, gender, race and game preference. If you are accused of harassment of ANY KIND you will be asked to leave without refund. If you do not leave, convention staff will cast a Summon Local Constabulary spell and they will ask you to leave… far less nicely.
- No functional weapons are allowed at FlatCon.
- Projectile costume weapons must be rendered inoperable. This includes Nerf and ranged boffer weapons.
- No live steel. Bladed weapons must be blunt, in some kind of sheath, and tied to your costume in a way that they can’t be drawn.
- Replica weapons must be easily distinguishable from real weapons; all prop firearms must have an orange cap on the barrel.
- Do not display weapons or props in a threatening manner.
- FlatCon reserves the right to make a judgment call on whether your weapon is appropriate. If your weapon doesn’t follow these guidelines we will ask you to please place it in your car.
Costumes and Cosplay Policy
Costumes and Cosplayare welcomed and encouraged at the con. Just follow a few simple rules:
- No modern military, security, law enforcement, or first responder costumes. In the event of an actual emergency, we want to be able to distinguish official responders from guests. Active duty military, however, are welcome to don their government-issued uniforms.
- Use good judgment and taste. FlatCon guests have a variety of tolerance levels as to the nature of “appropriate” costumes. In general, more coverage is better than less. And we don’t believe in “wardrobe malfunctions.”
- Hate symbols, even historically accurate hate symbols, will not be tolerated.
- While the staff does not want to be put in a position to judge the appropriateness of a costume, FlatCon reserves the right to make a judgment call and to ask you to change if the outfit is inappropriate. If you refuse to change, you will be asked to leave without refund.
Refunds will only be given for attendees registering through Warhorn/PayPal and will only be accepted/proceed if received 3 weeks prior to the con. See details on how PayPal refunds work.